Questions for OSonOS

Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Wed Jul 13 17:31:04 PDT 2005

Dear Chris
Great and real questions.  I hope I'll be allowed to be at both those
sessions as well.
For me, one of the nagging questions is to do with exploring how to
help/make/encourage develop a non-OS organization (a parish) to grow
into an OS type organization, given that I have been appointed for the
last 232 days as the CEO (Parish Priest).  I'd like to share how that
has gone and not gone, and see who might have
suggestions/insightings/options about how we can make spirit grow the
culture that is (IMHO) needing to move from a "was" to a "becoming"
culture. And the modelling that might represent for lots of other such
organisations.
And I'm thinking a little bit (a very little bit) about that here in
warm and sunny Raratonga. Relaxation (laziness?) and R&R are good
distractors to help slow down the thinking, it seems.
Cheers and blessings,   BRIAN

Chris Corrigan wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> I'm getting myself prepared for OSonOS and, like every learning journey,
> I am preparing a couple of questions for myself.  I'm specifically
> interested in these two issues at the moment:
>
>     * How can we move work from an Open Space event back into the
>       organization's "business as usual" setting while maintaining the
>       spirit and invitation to transform that OST offers?  I'm thinking
>       here specifically of strategy work and an integral approach to
>       strategy..
>     * I'm learning about Spiral Dynamics at the moment, and have used
>       Ken Wilber's integral thinking as a map for my work for years
>       now.  So this question relates to that area of thinking
>       specifically:  How does OST facilitate a integral transformation
>       and how can we propagate these shifts to move towards second tier
>       consciousness in individuals and organizations? (I'm hoping Larry
>       Peterson will be in Halifax for this one!)
>
> So those are two questions I have.  They mostly deal with the echo of
> Open Space, the music it makes as it rearranges our world.  If you are
> coming to Halifax in August and these pique your interest, give them
> some thought.  They'll probably still be somewhat top of mind for me in
> a month!
>
> And as an invitation to others, what are the questions you are turning
> over in your mind?  And if you are not coming to Halifax, what would you
> offer if you were there?
>
> Chris
>

> --
>
> CHRIS CORRIGAN