Questions for OSonOS

Filiz Telek filiztelek at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 15 10:36:46 PDT 2005

Hi all!

I am coming with two questions (so far :))...

one is, sort of parallel to Brian's question...
How do we introduce OS in a not-so-much-OS-but-desperately-needs-it country? I think I will be the only one from Turkey at OSonOS and I will need the expertise and wisdom of those who 'cracked open' the space in similar environments/countries...

second one is, there is an underlying element behind methods (ways of being for most of us) such as OS, circle, world cafe, AI, etc...what is the potential to integrate these forms, what can they learn from each other? I would love to explore that...

looking forward to Halifax!
Filiz

Brian S Bainbridge <briansb at mira.net> wrote:
Dear Chris
Great and real questions. I hope I'll be allowed to be at both those
sessions as well.
For me, one of the nagging questions is to do with exploring how to
help/make/encourage develop a non-OS organization (a parish) to grow
into an OS type organization, given that I have been appointed for the
last 232 days as the CEO (Parish Priest). I'd like to share how that
has gone and not gone, and see who mcight have
suggestions/insightings/options about how we can make spirit grow the
culture that is (IMHO) needing to move from a "was" to a "becoming"
culture. And the modelling that might represent for lots of other such
organisations.
And I'm thinking a little bit (a very little bit) about that here in
warm and sunny Raratonga. Relaxation (laziness?) and R&R are good
distractors to help slow down the thinking, it seems.
Cheers and blessings, BRIAN

Chris Corrigan wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> I'm getting myself prepared for OSonOS and, like every learning journey,
> I am preparing a couple of questions for myself. I'm specifically
> interested in these two issues at the moment:
>
> * How can we move work from an Open Space event back into the
> organization's "business as usual" setting while maintaining the
> spirit and invitation to transform that OST offers? I'm thinking
> here specifically of strategy work and an integral approach to
> strategy..
> * I'm learning about Spiral Dynamics at the moment, and have used
> Ken Wilber's integral thinking as a map for my work for years
> now. So this question relates to that area of thinking
> specifically: How does OST facilitate a integral transformation
> and how can we propagate these shifts to move towards second tier
> consciousness in individuals and organizations? (I'm hoping Larry
> Peterson will be in Halifax for this one!)
>
> So those are two questions I have. They mostly deal with the echo of
> Open Space, the music it makes as it rearranges our world. If you are
> coming to Halifax in August and these pique your interest, give them
> some thought. They'll probably still be somewhat top of mind for me in
> a month!
>
> And as an invitation to others, what are the questions you are turning
> over in your mind? And if you are not coming to Halifax, what would you
> offer if you were there?
>
> Chris
>

> --
>
> CHRIS CORRIGAN