Halifax: Advice for new international travelers

Masud Sheikh masheikh at COGECO.CA
Mon Jul 11 10:45:35 PDT 2005

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. <76066.515 at compuserve.com> wrote:

>Medicines: My wife has a whole pharmacy in the cabinet. Will it be
>necessary for her to carry the actual written prescriptions from her
>doctors with the medicines? Should she carry the original pharmacy
bottles, or can she safely transfer her pills to something that packs more
>compactly? Are there medicines she cannot bring with her?

My last travel outside Canada was to U.S. two years ago. My wife, daughter
and I drove to Cape Cod Institute. While there, I developed sciatica (I
now have a chronic back problem, so this is something I need to learn to
be careful about).

I had to go to emergency in a hospital simply to get prescription (I also
had to fly back, while my wife and daughter drove back).

So Doug, since you are now DDG Sr., I would suggest that you take all
necessary precautions, including travel medical insurance, if required.
Take care
Masud