Thoughts from Central London

Amanda Bucklow amanda at facilit8.com
Sun Jul 10 12:44:40 PDT 2005

It has been a really strange few days. I am so proud of my fellow citizens
and that British stiff upper lip is in reality what this is about - just
getting on with it and not making a fuss. The emergency services have been
the best humanity could possibly expect: gracious, calm, sensitive, so
courageous, aware and making much out of few resources. True open space in
action.

I live in an area with a high cosmopolitan population including a large
number of Arabs and Jews. It is 3 minutes walking from the mosque in
Regent's Park. There is a sense of quiet introspection and I sense in them
sadness that they might be blamed for all this. My heart goes out to them.

Very sad times and all the more reason to keep hope alive.

Kind regards

Amanda

Amanda Bucklow

Commercial Mediator