? on chosing a facilitator - Isr - Pal Open Space

Masud Sheikh masheikh at cogeco.ca
Wed Jan 26 05:59:20 PST 2005

I tend to agree that someone intimately connected with the conflict may have
difficulty in keeping the space open. In his book (is it named Practice of
Peace?) HO makes the point that (as an American) he would be unable to
facilitate an OS with Osama bin Laden (or perhaps the likes of him).

I am not an OS facilitator, and have not met HO. Based on what I have seen
of him from a distance, I would give serious consideration to his
recommendation of his co-facilitators in the recent Practice of Peace Event
in NY.

Equally, as Lucas recommends, people who have transcended conflict in a
troubled spot of the world might be good candidates.

My apologies for these "helicopter-view" pronouncements. It is both a
strength and a weakness in me

Best wishes for the event
Masud Sheikh
Oakville, Ontario
(Until five years ago, in Pakistan)

The world will be saved by individuals of integrity freely joining together
- Buckminster Fuller