? on chosing a facilitator - Isr - Pal Open Space

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Tue Jan 25 06:43:34 PST 2005

Zac:

If your team is struggling, it may be because you recognize that you
have a real vested or organizational interest in the topic. Has the
Center for Conflict Resolution become a part of the "civil society" that
supports the peace process?  To what extent are you already involved?
For example, who will be the "sponsor" of the event and set the context
for the discussion?  If you are the sponsor, then I think the Center
needs to look outside of itself for facilitation.  If not, then I agree
that the key leadership role that requires attention to the "politics"
is that of the sponsor who opens the session and briefly sets the
context for the discussions in Open Space.  The facilitator should then
be (become) invisible, if they can truly Open that Space.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada