Opening a Space for Peace in Burundi & Central Africa

Sue Scott msscott1 at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 20 11:14:23 PST 2005

Hello Funda,

I understand this that you wrote:

> I guess for me, relationship among humans is a "sacred" thing by itself.
> Of course we enter into relationship with all our identity traits
(religion,
> sex, profession, nationality,culture so on)
>
> I have nothing against identity....how i can have? we all have some...
>
> But what i don't like is to see that these identity traits impede or
modify
> a "direct and natural" relationship
> (conversation, dialogue, help etc.).......forget that they even  create
> hostility in some (many) cases.

And I do not at all disagree with it.  I think it is inevitable that our
identity traits sometimes impede and modify a "direct and natural"
relationship. If we can stop and realize this impediment and restore
ourselves to accessing what is deeply human within both of us, we can keep
moving forward in understanding. I think the big question might be "How do
we enhance a direct and natural relationship?"  For me, it has helped so
much to get to know people from other countries and to have traveled. I
think this also comes with being open to coaching from other people and a
commitment to practice it. And we have to speak the truth, as you have done
by opening up this conversation here.

Sincerely,

Sue Scott