Opening a Space for Peace in Burundi & Central Africa

Sue Scott msscott1 at mindspring.com
Sun Jan 16 19:25:52 PST 2005

Hi Everyone,

About religion and compassion, I can only speak for myself : I am one whole
person and my motivations are complicated and hard to know, such as, do I
help someone because I love them *or* because I love God? It is not
either/or methinks. These cannot be separated in me personally. I seek to be
compassionate in the way that is best for the person I help. I hope I do it
because I feel their suffering and want to alleviate it. If God also tells
me to do that, then that is only further confirmation of how I should act.

Open space: the space to be me in my complexities/culture/religion/filters
and the space to be you in your complexities/culture/religion/filters *and*
the wonderful opportunity to learn from each other.

Sue