Opening a Space for Peace in Burundi & Central Africa

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 15:48:47 PST 2005

In open space, each person is free to follow what has heart and
meaning for them and there are no hard and fast rules about when and
where a person's religious or spiritual beliefs may be brought up.  An
affiliation with a specific religion is much more than 'religion':  it
is one's identity, a reflection of culture, a shorthand for values, a
kind of vocabulary.