2-hour Board Meetings

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Mon Feb 28 19:02:26 PST 2005

Hi Martin,
2 hours... is better, then nothing, and I have a lot of experience in such
short OSs with different people, like youth, local government
representatives, administrative officers and so on

usually it is a very simple time schedule like:
1/2 hour - openning,
2 sessions for 1/2 hour
and 1/2 - closing

such kind of meetins is not for deep learning, but for opening the palitra
of topics and questions for people who cares, so next time you could pick
some for topic;  for better acquantence amont the people, then ... seating
at the tables and listening speaches and still a place for insights and
surprises, especially when people care and come to learn, how to do things
together and even a time for solving some problems, as people say sometimes:
we did not know how to start solving this question and here, for 20 minutes
we did come to a decision because of the... shortage of time.

good luck, Martin,
do't worry, be happy and try once.. .just be ready to a little bit more
instistive on declaring or something doing (not sleaping) on the next
session beginning, so people could learn, that a time IS for new session and
... then... as they want.

best wishes
elena marchuk
novosibirsk, russia