Training Programs

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 17:25:16 PST 2005

I'm hosting a two day Open Space "training" in Prince George, British
Columbia March 6-7.  It'll be cheap, something like $150 for most
folks, free for youth.

Email me for more details.

I find it hard to "train: people in Open Space.  Micheal Herman and I
have been offering a practice workshop around the world for the last
couple of years, but mostly I just open myself to mentoring people,  I
find that that has been the best way - to work with people who are
really interested using OST because it fits with their current
practice and ways of being in the world.  I don't like "teaching" OST
as a tool, because it needs to have integrity with people's practice.
 The two day workshop really take for people who are pre-disposed to
OST.  It was designed to follow on to a real life Open Space
experience, and where we have done that (such as in Alaska with Julie
Smith and Judi Richardson) we had a great deal of interest and
"uptake" in the process.  I've not had much success introducing people
to OST through trainings...it wants to be lived and THEN learned
about.  As Pannwitz and Harrison and others have noted that these
types of learning relationship tend to support sustainable learning
and practice of the process.

Chris

--
CHRIS CORRIGAN