Training Programs

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Sun Feb 20 04:53:54 PST 2005

Bravo!!!! And Lucas -- you are right, many of the programs offered are 3-4
days (my own programs included). But the majority of that time is devoted to
considering why Open Space works, and how to work with Open Space, as in
leveraging the results. However, if the focus is on the practicalities of
DOING an Open Space, the time required goes down considerably. After all,
how long can it take to tell folks about sitting in a circle, creating a
bulletin board, opening a market place, and getting to work? I am pretty
sure that in 3 hours you could cover the basics and even give folks a chance
to try it out. You could then have a little "homework" -- and ask everybody
to do an Open Space somewhere, even if it is just a gathering of neighboring
children, or a small group of fellow employees -- or even the local Football
Association. And then, several weeks later, invite everybody back for
another 3 hour session. At that point, the students will become the
teachers, and the shared experience (positive and negative) the curriculum.
And I am sure there are lots of other ways to go which have been tried
and/or thought about by members of OSLIST. I am even surer that it will be a
cold day in Hell before OSLISTERs refuse to share their experience.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093

To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: