Management in a World of Turtles

Lucas Gonzalez lgs0a at yahoo.es
Fri Feb 18 05:21:22 PST 2005

>think about the 6 and 1/2 billion potential clients
>and come to the conclusion that we really don't have the
>couches or ashrams in sufficient number to do the job.

Do we, with OST?  Could you imagine servicing so many clients, soon?  I
like the idea very much, but how do we get from here to there?

What stops us?  I certainly know what stops me, and I want to share it
knowing that you'll be ruthless (not against me, I hope, but in the
quest for change in the world).

What stops me in general is lack of solid time.  It's not so easy to
tell others (boss/family/community) "Hey, I'm going to take two days
off".  Maybe it's not lack of solid time, but rather a difficulty in
replying to the "What do you say you're going to use those two days
for?" question that would inevitably (and sensibly, from their point of
view) come up.  I may be tempted to say "whatever happens is the only
thing that could", but they won't believe it (I do).  In particular,
when I look at my day job, I feel it would be difficult to get support,
both for the event and for whatever happens later ("Change?
Out-of-control change?  No way!").

In short, I believe it may be a matter of "trying it the first time".
Maybe there are some ideas for that?  I can think of the following:
- simultaneous OST-event all over the world
- nomad OST practitioners
- nano OST-events

Ok, be ruthless, then.

Lucas