Management in a World of Turtles

Juan Luis Walker B. jlwalker at MI.CL
Thu Feb 17 19:39:37 PST 2005

Dear Harrison and all:

Just how I have told you in the past my problem is my English. It seems
that my tongue is like a knot.

I’m passionate about Open Space, it’s the only thing that I want to work
on with my clients and to this time I have facilitated 49 events in 12
different organizations. Now that I am in holiday I have more time to read
the Oslist and I find it fascinating and amazing. But my tongue has a
cramp.

So I have to be short and go directly to the point.

Your story in this post I find it very provocative and transcendently.

Just in an intuitive mode two models blows up in my mind that I think
could bring us new lights in all this issue.

The first one has a relation with the people mind (consciousness) habit
and how they get in contact with his felt sense and manage uncertainty to
open his inner space. In this context the ideas, concepts and techniques
developed by Eugene Gendlin called “focusing” and “thinking at the edge”,
has a lot to give us perhaps in terms of a follow up session design.

www.focusing.org

http://www.focusing.org/tae-intro.html

The second one is related in a more global form, and it’s the approach
that offers a brilliant biologist of my same nationality, whom I have not
studied too much (less than Gendlin is the paradox) , but I hope it can
gave us a theoretical framework for a comprehensive explanation of the
success and downsides related to OST. I am talking about Humberto Maturana
and his Biology of Cognition, from whom I give you below his web page
direction and an article in which other colleague presents his
contribution.

http://www.matriztica.org

http://www.hum.aau.dk/~rasand/Artikler/contrib.html

This two extensive and complex models I feel they could bring new forces
and fresh air to the kingdom of turtles. Let me know what sense they give
to all of you.

A great hug,

Juan Luis Walker B.
Consultor Organizacional