Turtles (short)

Marty Boroson marty at becomingme.com
Sun Feb 13 09:11:47 PST 2005

Dear friends:

I am new to the list and this is my first post, but I am a great fan of turtles and so must jump in.

For me, I have to ask who or what is the "self" that is self-organizing?  If this self is really Self (ie. God or Spirit or Brahman or whatever you'd like to call it) then surely everything in creation is indeed Self-organizing, and included in this are so-called non-living systems.  Everything is part of an emergent order.  (This is just another way of saying ... turtles all the way up!)

Of course if you look at any part of the whole (financial systems, Iraq, the US, you, me) things can seem fairly closed from time to time.  But if you look at the deeper whole, I don't know if anything is ever closed or if "we" ever "open" a space.  Maybe we just give it a nudge, when it is already on the verge of realization, helping it to see that it can be open, because it is already open.

Marty Boroson
Devon, UK
www.becomingme.com