survival of the cooperative

Funda Oral fundaoral at ttnet.net.tr
Fri Feb 11 12:47:16 PST 2005

Judy, when i say..."why we discuss this?" ...this is to say "i am very disappointed with the world, why we can not stop wars and
suffering as human beings, and go to next chapter??.......i don't mean you or me, or people in this list, i blame everybody in the world
including myself "

I agree with Filiz that  "force is force whether you impose it on innocent people or tyrannies.. And it will only come back as force in return"

Chris's message saying how we can know the truth when there are so many different perspectives. Can we do anything as OS facilitators on this list ?

As Harrison mentioned "the conversation is still going on" and that's what we can do....and that's what we are doing now, here.

Artur, you wrote about how news about portuguese soldiers were presented on portuguese TV.

And i can tell from my country's experiences (a young republic trying to learn to live in democracy, we lost many citizens because of terror and spent
a lot of resources; lifes, capital, years for that....where democratic and economic and scientific development stoped by "coup d'etat" every 10 years)
any intervention by army, a power which establishes its own rules and regulations, imposes its own truth on people....not only demolishes what the
community has built till that time but also stops development, takes its future.

My personal opinion, by that time as humanity we should be experienced enough not to allow this to happen again and again....but who knows?
maybe everything will be more meaningful in the very very long term.

But for now; still i suspect that anybody has to suffer...suffering can be the cost or means for anything ...and wanted to share my suspicion with you.
...i can not accept such an excuse  "someone saying i  am doing this in favor of these people although they suffer, die now ".

It's like parents beating their children, it's like not allowing children to express themselves and claiming that a healthy child can grow up like that.

I say "No,  there must be other ways, means to do that...maybe more space (as Chris is mentioning)..maybe more money....more food...more fun....
more games"

Funda