Open Space & Anti-Americanism

Mike Copeland mcopeland at doc.govt.nz
Tue Feb 8 11:47:47 PST 2005

G'day Steve
This conversation has piqued my interest.

One general rule I live by is not to enter into discussions on politics. As
an outsider, one who is not an American but who has lived there for a number
of years, I think America is on a hiding to nothing on this one; damned if
you do damned if you don't.

It is very easy to judge the USA on Iraq, especially from a far, as the
whole Iraq war is so out there. We could have a great discussion on this one
in an OST meeting. My experience is that very little in this world is open
space. This is the reason OST is so radical.

I work in a government organisation which is so not open space is almost
laughable.  I mean to the point where people feel threatened by the whole
concept.

My experience tells me that wherever someone needs to wield power then space
is not being opened. The essence od open space for me is letting go!

A good discussion

Mike Copeland