Between stimulus and response

George Ambler george.ambler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 08:21:30 PST 2005

Hi there,

I have been "lurking" on this list for a while now, being new to the
whole Open Space concept. This then is my first post!

I have been listening to the audio version of Steven Covey's new book
"The 8th Habit". Whilst listening I re-discovered one of Steven's
famous quotes:

"Between stimulus and response there lies a space, in that space lies
our freedom and power to choose our response, in those choices lie our
growth and our happiness" -. Steven Covey

Reflecting on this quote and my personal, although limited, experience
with Open Space, I was amazed how effective the Open Space process is
at increasing the "space between stimulus and response" in the
particapant in the process. Thereby, increasing their Respons-ability.

Any thoughts or observations?

Regards George
E-mail: george.ambler at gmail.com
Blog: http://leading-forward.blogspot.com/