Is trust a part of open space?

Michael Herman mjherman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 06:29:36 PST 2005

"...law of two feet says... ...you and only you know when you are
learning and contributing..."

seems we could add trusting, fearing and probably some other things, too...

"...job is to learn and contribute as much as you can... ...trust as
much as you can... fear as little as you can..."

...such an extended explanation might be appropriate in some places,
but mostly seems dicey to me... and just like we don't go around
monitoring, evaluating or commenting on how much people are learning
or contributing, we wouldn't want to suggest that they are not
trusting enough, or that they are fearing too much...

in the end, the lot of it is obviously present and totally
invisible... except as the law says, and jack and others mentioned...
as facilitator or participant, i can see only my own learning and
contributing, my own trusting, my own fear, my own motivations,
desires and preferences...  and that's all i can comment on.  seems
anything more said about trust and fear and the like risks trampling,
projecting and imposing.

michael

--
Michael Herman
http://www.michaelherman.com

Small Change News Network
http://www.smallchangenews.org
...linking active givers and gifted activists to make a bigger difference