happy cycle ~ grief cycle upside down ?

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Wed Dec 7 21:16:37 PST 2005

Marei--

Yes, I have experienced something like the grief cycle in response to
positive changes in my life.   It seemed like a strange reaction, but the beginning
of something new was really the end of my former way of living, and it seemed
that I had to grieve a little before stepping fully into the exciting new
possibilities.

It seems to help, whenever things are changing, to give myself a little extra
time and space to feel whatever I am feeling.   Since you are familiar with
the grief cycle, you will probably recognize the stages.

Remembering my own experience, when I offer a workshop on personal change, I
now include a small introduction to "transformation blues."   Really, it's a
wonderful problem to have--the grief is a signal that something significant is
changing.

I'm feeling excited about the next chapter in your story!

Joelle