OST second time around

Chris Corrigan chris.corrigan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 12:53:31 PST 2005

Hi Koos...

Very hard to say without knowing more about the context, but I wonder if it
doesn't have something to do with the fact that people think that OST itself
and alone is magic?  I'm inclined to put a lot of weight on the power of the
invitation working in concert with the process.  The process facilitates the
deepest possible engagement with the invitation, but if the invitation is
not meaningful and not true, then maybe it feels a little like the groups is
just skating over the surface of things.

The process is wonderful, but it isn't the process itself that creates the
magic.  We can certainly use OST with almost any question, but the questions
have to be real, deep, timely and complicated if we want to get real, deep,
timely and sophisticated engagement.

Cheers,

Chris

--