A little help -- Please

john engle englejohn at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 14:04:21 PDT 2005

Hi Harrison.

Thanks for sharing about your upcoming meeting and for inviting input.

The first thing after OS that came to my mind when learning about the CEO's
intention was what you and others on this list hear me talk about from time
to time. We call them Reflection Circles in the work we do in Haiti. To
access the English material about them go to: http://touchstones.org

Touchstones Discussions are being used with groups of CEOs at Aspen
Institute, with Directors at NASA and National Security Agency to name a
few.

Here is a paragraph about their book set for discussion groups:

Mapping the Future is structured around the four stages (group formation,
group awareness, listening, and shared leadership) that characterize the
development of a discussion group. Within each stage, five units address a
particular topic such as power, diversity, or self-examination. Each topic
is an important part of defining our wider culture, and also bears immediate
and personal significance as we attempt to form a cooperative group.

to go right to the webpage containing Mapping the Future:

http://www.touchstones.org/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1-878461-68-0&Category_Code=4

Here's the webpage that talks about their Corporate and Government program:

http://www.touchstones.org/other/exec.htm

My colleagues and I have been using Touchstones approach with a wide variety
of groups in Haiti for nearly 7 years. Practioners of Touchstones convene
regularly in Open Space for shared learning.

We have found that Open Space and Touchstones are wonderful companions in
the way that they equip people with skills that enable them to share
authority and responsibility in their institutions'/groups' evolution.

Thanks again for sharing this with us and for inviting ideas.

John

http://JohnEngle.blogspot.com - Reflections about Haiti, life, and our work.
http://JohnEngle.info
http://TheExperiment.info