A little help -- Please

Blake Mills CustomHousePro at aol.com
Thu Apr 28 10:03:59 PDT 2005

In a message dated 4/23/2005 8:39:11 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
hhowen at comcast.net writes:

We want  to define, defend, and
enable these values to be who we are, what we do,  and how we behave as a
collective organization....I want to work for a  cause and I want those that
join
the company to be equally as committed to  a similar standard.

Dear Harrison,

Here's a couple of quotes from your potential client that caught my eye. I
have been mulling over sending a thought of two about practical ways to help
this CEO and organization.  Since it is still rambling around in my pea  brain
I take it as a sign to send it on.

Finding their values gap seems like an idea that might work.  You may  be
familiar with Richard Barrett's work with values and organizations.   Basically,
if I understand his method correctly, he has the employees and  leadership
team find common ground on values and identify the values gap.   Once that is
done, then OS would be a terrific way to address how to close the  gap together.
He has them circle values that are important to themselves,  then circle
values they believe the organization stands for.  The  leadership team does the
same. The theory is that when we work from our  values and they are linked to
the corporation values, magical things can  happen.  When this data is tabulated
it becomes clear what is  happening values-wise and what doesn't need
touching and what might.

Just a thought you might have already thought about.
Blake
PS:  Camden Harbor is waiting for you.  Hope to meet up with you  this summer.

Custom House Productions
PO  Box 714
Rockport, ME 04856
CustomHousePro at aol.com