inner aggression and the OST facilitator

Lisa Heft lisaheft at openingspace.net
Wed Apr 20 17:30:04 PDT 2005

"What are some ways I work on my own 'stuff'?  In the past I have gone
to see a counselor, to sort out the toughest things in my life (times of
extreme grief or relationship issues).  I know that is a luxury of
access and not available to everyone.  But I have also asked friends to
spend some time with me to hear me out, take me on a walk 'for an
airing' (even during an Open Space if necessary when the energy was too
'thick' in the room), gone for walks, gone away to be quiet.  I've done
art.  I've gardened.  I've gotten bodywork (acupuncture or
chiropractic).  I've soaked in hot baths or gone away to a hot springs
for a few days.  I've written.  I've let myself find peace in not
knowing, in not finding answers, and I've forgiven myself for being so
hard on myself. I've shared my thoughts and struggles with other
facilitators.  It all depends on the situation."

Dear Lisa,

Your above  paragraph made me smile...i also did maybe 20% of those
things.....but this is such a hard and serious job isn't it?

Funda

.Except when it's fun and easy.  ;o)

-          Lisa

___________________________
L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, Facilitator, Educator
O p e n i n g  S p a c e
2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106   USA
+01 510 548-8449
 <mailto:lisaheft at openingspace.net> lisaheft at openingspace.net
 <http://www.openingspace.net> www.openingspace.net

OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: