inner aggression and the OST facilitator

Funda Oral fundaoral at ttnet.net.tr
Wed Apr 20 00:11:07 PDT 2005

"What are some ways I work on my own 'stuff'?  In the past I have gone to see a counselor, to sort out the toughest things in my life (times of extreme grief or relationship issues).  I know that is a luxury of access and not available to everyone.  But I have also asked friends to spend some time with me to hear me out, take me on a walk 'for an airing' (even during an Open Space if necessary when the energy was too 'thick' in the room), gone for walks, gone away to be quiet.  I've done art.  I've gardened.  I've gotten bodywork (acupuncture or chiropractic).  I've soaked in hot baths or gone away to a hot springs for a few days.  I've written.  I've let myself find peace in not knowing, in not finding answers, and I've forgiven myself for being so hard on  myself. I've shared my thoughts and struggles with other facilitators.  It all depends on the situation."

Dear Lisa,

Your above  paragraph made me smile...i also did maybe 20% of those things.....but this is such a hard and serious job isn't it?

Funda