anonyme posting

Gabriela Ender gabriela.ender at OpenSpace-Online.com
Thu Apr 7 00:55:16 PDT 2005

dear Agneta, dear Lisa,

thank you for this great question and response!

This reminds me on an 1day OST conference with about 70 people from last year. "Something unexpected" and really wonderful happend at the afternoon. Here briefly the situation: During the agenda setting phase within a few minutes 27 topics were raised. The session groups were working very intensive since approx. 4 hours as I saw one person walking (like an almost invisble butterfly). Then I felt, that he was "looking for me" ... but in a very shy way. I decided not to go to him and not to ask him. Maybe 30 minutes later he came to me and said, that he prefere to be a butterfly ... and he said, that he would have an urgent topic. I said, if you want, you can raise it now ... in 15 minutes our last time slot will beginn and we can arrange for you within a few seconds a further session room.

He said, "NO ... because in a special kind my issue has also to do with these people here and my desire would be, that interested people could discuss without me some possible solutions." I said, that this is a wonderful idea, and I recommended that he could raise his issue AND let the people at the same time know how he would like to have the workshop setting. I saw how happy he was, and then he said ... "OK, I will invite them to my issue - then I will only describe my problem and my desire - and then I will leave them alone." I said, "great ... are you ready?" He said yes and I felt his amazing courage.

It was exactly the time before the last time slot should start and therefore (with a little help from the temble bells) many people listened him ... by standing around him in a circle. It was a very special - quite - emotional moment. He was very authentic and everybody could see and feel his grief. Within a few seconds our wonderful co-facilitators arranged a new session space - and immediately 10 or 12 participants went to this area and sat down. I was surprised to see, that he went also to this session space. From the distance I could see, that he introduced into his topic and about 10 minutes later he came to me. He wanted to share with me, that the group and he made the following arrangement: first the group works alone and 10 minutes before the session end the group wants to inform him about their solution ideas.

Then he went to the bufett. The group worked very intensive - they used big papers, and they had one person, who was responsible for the proceeding. Later, the man went back to the group in order to hear the results. Then they worked together until the closing circle ... "only the talking stick" could stop their conversations :). I was deeply impressed to see his happy eyes. A few days after the OST somebody told me, that this man (BTW, he is almost 70 years old) had a deep healing experience during and after the event. This was a gift for me.

Cheers from Berlin,
Gabriela

OpenSpace-Online GmbH - The Power of People!
Resselsteig 30, 12209 Berlin, Germany
eMail: contact at OpenSpace-Online.com
website: http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com
phone:  +49-(0)30-772 31 69
fax:  +49-(0)30-77 39 20 21
Free OpenSpace-Online® E-BOOK, in English:
http://www.OpenSpace-Online.com/OpenSpace-Online_eBook_en.pdf
Obtain the co-creative energy of face-to-face events as well of online activities and carry on the work across distances. Put the human being in the center, enable goal-oriented collaboration and participation, regardless of whether it is in politics, society, economics, or education. The future has already begun!