temple bells

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Tue Apr 26 21:03:05 PDT 2005

[warning: this email may have some too explicit imagery for some]

This morning in my am meditation, I had a minor aha right as I was
about to ring my tibetan temple bells to usher me into a NOW, which
while expanded, very expanded, I (k)now can be even be a bigger NOW, a
fatter NOW, a jumbo NOW, full like the 900lbs. person I dreamt of last
night (somehow that fat person began slimming down, don't remember
how).

There I was holding the bells and there was a small gap between each
dish (what DO you call each 1/2 of the bell?), and there I was, right
at the Big Bang. That's the power of the bells, we are reliving the
birth of the universe each time we ring those bells. This time,
though, there was a serendipitous short pause before I rang those
bells, as if I caught in slow motion the experience of Right Before
Now.

This whole Big Bang imagery takes me back a few days to some really
strange places I have been recently in the course of joyously working
with my own aggression-- I have been using processwork for the
innerwork on aggression. I worked at taking the aggression to the
source, and I haven't gone far enough with it. Where it has taken me
thus far, though, is meeting God (he looks like a composite of two
aging hippies I know) and raping him, him being unfazed by it, and I
go further to the Beginning, and there I am outside, then inside the
pea of the Big Bang humming the energy frequency that that pea emits
right before It All Happens.

It was great to be there. And, of course, that place is a place like
any other. Just let it go.

This work I think is helping me to love everything and everyone around
me like never before. It is absolutely delicious!

Marei, when you shared about your plans, I saw some of me because I
sense right now I am on the cusp of something big.

I say, go for it! And I know the power of liberation from limiting
beliefs. While I don't have avatar (which I would like), I am working
with my limiting beliefs to the extent I can. And that liberation is
oh so sweet. And it's great to pose those same hard questions to
others-- when it feels right-- and see those gears turns inside
people's heads.  Posing those questions have this quality of
half-stopping-the-world. Kind of like riding in a lime green, rusty open top run down
sports car at full pitch and slamming the breaks, slowing down

While I am still teaching English and not fully thrown into doing OST
and Genuine Contact work, I am bringing more and more elements of OST
and GC into English. And it's delightful.

I will be using the medicine wheel in two classes soon (both in a
transnational corporate setting). I will be ringing temple bells at
the beginning of a one to one English class soon too. Man the NOW can
be delightful!

[It's great to] Open (the) Sesame (two way) Street to your heart baby!

--another message brought to you by the letter "r"

p.s. In my book, the artist who exemplifies well the creative spirit
of Open Space Technology is independent radio artist Joe Frank (joefrank.com) Some of his audio
is available for free at joefrank.com (you need to go thru free
registration first). Some of his imagery can be rather violent and
disturbing for me, but at its heart his work is about his relationship
with faith, God. I wonder if he knows about OST.

My favorite piece of his is called Escape from Paradise about a
trucker who loves his work, who has only one accident in which 200+
people die and thousands are evacuated because the chemicals he was
transporting blew up in a huge mushroom cloud. After which, that
trucker is hospitalized, after recovery the trucker comes back to a
changed trucking market, he is forced to transport contraband (first
marijuana, then illegal aliens), and then the trucker is caught, lands
in prison, but the prison is not your typical prison, it's a
progressive one, with ballet, a film club, opera, poetry workshops and
the like. But there is a revolt anyway-- over artistic direction...I
can upload this piece for folks to listen (12mb) and you'll need a
piece of software called real audio, too. (8mb).

Or you can read about him at http://www.joefrank.com/newsarch/LAW97.html

                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru