I think this is hilarious. . .

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 08:34:20 PDT 2005

I think it is hilarious to imagine Ralph and Paul and Raffi working as
waiters in a bar, dressed in string thongs with a skimpy cover over
their male parts with the price of beer tattoo'd on their inner thigh
near their crotch.

I think it is hilarious to imagine Ralph and Paul's sons dressed in
sexually denigrating outfits that reduces them to sexual objects and
for them to work in environments in which women are free to oggle
their packages all under the guise of hilarious fun.

If it is ok on this list to post sexually denigrating images of women,
is it now also OK to post racial slurs, at least if they come in the
guise of a hilarious poem?

So, for some of the folks on this list, the sexual denigration and
epoch-old subjugation of women can be hilarious fun.  What other forms
of discrimination, denigration and bigotry can be hilarious?

Do you putatively open-minded males have any idea how awful it is to
declare Ralph's poem hilarious?!  You are telling me you don't give a
rip if it offends the female majority of the human race.  I'll keep
that in mind as we interact in the future and be on my guard.

--
Warmly,
Therese Fitzpatrick