marketing/presenting on OST to Learning Annex

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at bk.ru
Sat Apr 23 13:38:33 PDT 2005

Hello again listers!
Another question!

Moscow has a local equivalent of what is called the Learning Annex in
the US: short personal development classes. I imagine that everyone on
the listserv is familiar, but just to be clear: These are (in the case
of Moscow) 3-4 hour classes on: how to make sushi, how to commute on a
bicycle around Moscow, make a website, start your own business, find
your ideal mate, learn how the Myers-Briggs test can help you determine your
own career, etc.

The folks at the Moscow equivalent expressed an interest in OST after
having received an invitation to the "Doing the Work you Love" taster
OS that my colleague Ludmila Ivanova and I conducted back in March. The head of the Moscow
Learning Annex is an acquaintance, which helps...

I am wondering what would be the best way of:

a) "presenting" OST to them

My understanding from a colleague who runs a regular Myers-Brigg class
there is that they are interested in courses which offering something
concrete after 3 hours, combining entertainment and education. People
are not interested in going deep.

How can OST be promoted/marketed here? If potential clients are
seeking a concrete skill on the way out, OST can't provide it?

Or do you think it's worth it to risk it and say that OST in this
context provides delightful dialog, personal engagement of such a
quality that it is many times over worth people's time and money
spent?

Another aspect of this was that I was thinking that to make the
strongest impression it would be good to make the meeting with the
person from this course center an experiential workshop in a sense--
to give a "taste" of OST as part of the meeting.

Any ideas of how to make that possible?

Thank you!
Raffi

                          mailto:raffi at bk.ru