marketing/presenting on OST to Learning Annex

Therese Fitzpatrick therese.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 12:49:12 PDT 2005

OST at Moscow Learning Annex sounds great. . . .

You mentioned that the Moscow Learning Annex folks grew interested
when they heard about your OS taster. . . why not start from there and
offer to do a similar OS taster for them?  I think you could have a
very nice introduction to OST in three hours. Why not first propose to
replicate the same topic:  "Doing the Work You Love" for your first
proposal?

Your students would be walking away with basic OS skills AND with
ideas for doing the work they love.  In your proposal, list the
outcomes/deliverables as 1. intro to OS skills and 2. developing plans
for an individual's work life.  As an example.

Keep in mind, also, that a place like the Learning Annex needs to have
a steady supply of new, interesting workshops.  You could do three
hour OS evenings on an unlimited number of topics that might be of
interest to their customers.

I did a masters in OD a few years back.  I was required to take two
semesters of a class called "Self Development".  The professors, both
with PhD's in OD, used the class to give us mini experiences of all
kinds of change methodologies. These were two hour classes.  Each
semester, there was always one session of OS.  I know that there are
folks on this list who make part of their living by conducting OST
trainings but I also know many, MANY people who participate in a
single OS event, even just a two hour sample like I had in class, and
go right out and use it in their work lives.  My point is that
introducing someone to the principles of OS and giving them a chance
to experience open space IS giving them a new skill.