weird stuff in circles (long but dazzling)

Alexander Kjerulf alexander at kjerulf.com
Tue Oct 5 13:41:39 PDT 2004

Hi Therese

Your post on weird stuff nailed it exactly for me. When I show up at
9:30 for morning circle, I don't mind a short exercise or ritual to
focus the mind, but if a longer session of this is planned, then maybe
it would be better to announce the plan as:
9:30 Meditation and silence (or whatever)
10:00 Morning circle

That way everybody knows what's offered and can decide whether or not to
participate. And I can sleep half an hour longer in the morning :-)

I find the question of whether the law of two feet applies in the circle
very interesting. To me, it must. To my mind, the law of two feet is
nothing but a (brilliant) statement of fact: You ARE always free to
leave, no matter what you think - even in the circle. However, I find it
difficult to get up and leave from the circle. I feel that other people
are noticing and may be taking it as an implicit criticism of them or of
what's going on. I even feel that I may be missing out on something
good. Leaving DOES get easier with practice, though.

Thanks for the wonderful comments on the laughing we did in Seattle -
that WAS fun. Your post had me laughing too!

Cheers

Alex

Alexander Kjerulf
alexander at kjerulf.com