newbie delurking

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 21:02:15 PST 2004

In a message dated 11/15/04 7:48:35 PM, chris.corrigan at gmail.com writes:

> I'm especially
> > interested in folk's perception of OS and spirituality. How they mesh
> > and may work together.

For me, there's more going on here that just using Open Space Technology with
religious or spiritual organizations.

Facilitating OS, at least for me, requires some ongoing spiritual
practices--staying grounded and fully present during the meeting, releasing any tendency
to control what happens, trusting that the participants can do whatever needs
to be done.   Sometimes takes some fighting my own dragons, too.

And I believe that setting aside time and space in which people can take
responsibility for their own lives, and do things they didn't think possible, is
spiritual in nature.

These are probably just the tip of the iceburg--I'd love to here other
comments on this topic.

Joelle Everett
Shelton, Washington, USA
jleshelton at aol.com