Two Openings, one closing

Gerard Muller gm at openspace.dk
Mon Nov 15 06:36:50 PST 2004

Dear All,

We would like to share an interesting experience we had.

During an international conference in Abuja we facilitated two Open
Spaces, together with our South-African collegue Nomvula.
Though the themes were different, we felt there was a clear connection between
the two, and participants could choose which to participate in.
The two events were taking place at the same time, in spaces not far from
eachother,
and with a joint coffee/tea area.

When we prepared we concluded that obviously participants would move not
only from one session to another, but also from the one to the other
event - so we might as well tell them. (andof course  they did).
We also concluded that as the participants of the conference form a
community and would continue jointly after the Open Spaces, it was
likely that if the themes turned out to be as interconnected as they
were, a joint closing circle might be the thing to do. And it was.

Greetings from

Karen Davis, US   Gerard Muller, Denmark