MG Taylor and DesignShop Events - a step on the OS continuum or

Jeff Aitken tzimtzum at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 19 09:44:40 PST 2004

Chris and all,

I met Gail Taylor, who was a major team member in the first several years of DesignShop. I helped with a modified DesignShop which was a concurrent thread of a 3 day conference called Planetwork in San Francisco in 2003. There were seven working sessions during the 3 days, intended to build one upon the other, with mostly different people in each session. The basic design of the sessions was congruent to a typical DesignShop, but having the shifting participants changed the dynamics significantly. (My role had me bringing information back from plenaries, so I only saw 2-3 sessions.) In the end we felt we had learned a lot, but would not try that design again. I know she did something else at Planetwork this year, but I haven't yet talked with my friend who collaborates with Gail.

Gail is wonderful, and she knows of OST, tho we have not talked deeply about it yet. I experienced the same sort of response from her as from others who prefer other processes: Some level of distrust of OST, perhaps based on a disappointing experience, and a real love for the one they use.

I bet there could be a personality type test, like Myers-Briggs, based on the group processes we prefer.

Jeff Aitken
http://riograndio.blogspot.com