OSLIST Digest - 4 Nov 2004 to 5 Nov 2004 (#2004-295)

Kathleen Pichola kapich at juno.com
Mon Nov 8 06:08:37 PST 2004

Hi all,
I've enjoyed the thread about muddling through.   The progressive
education people get this. There is a book by Chris Mercaglioni (SP)
called, Making it up as we go along.  He has been the director of an
alternative school and a strong voice for collaborating with kids to
learn together.  I think public schools have a similar mind set to the
corporate world., plan, plan,, plan.  It feels fear based to me.  We
can't let kids have down time for fear of what they would do, get out of
control?  And of course, they would, at first...until they figure out we
are working together.
Thanks for all of your thoughts.
Kathleen

Kathleen A. Pichola, Ph.D
     Stories with Heart
18109 Windward Rd.    Cleveland, Ohio 44119

216-531-6008    Fax: 216-531-1287   Kapich at juno.com
"Stories open our hearts and feed our souls.  Stories heal us."