OST and Open Forums

Raffi Aftandelian raffi at pochtamt.ru
Mon May 3 12:31:10 PDT 2004

Hi Harrison and others!
Thanks for your reply on this. I haven't seen an Open Forum yet, nor try to facilitate one. But I am not sure at this point I am ready to agree that processwork is about Arny (or anyone else) working too hard. OS, for now, is just another piece of the large group transformation pie. It mesmerizes me. Processwork from what I am experiencing brings on a analagous set of feelings, in part the Emperor Wears no Clothes Syndrome-- I recall your story, Harrison, about the executive who felt you'd developed the best OD congame around-- you get paid for the client doing the actual work.

For me it is downright bizarre that Arny, for example, facilitated a child's healing a brain tumor by team picking the child's nose. And some (all?) of the things that Arny and Amy have us doing make me think sometimes am I paying to make a fool of myself.

>From what I have read about Open Forums, it sounds like they can facilitate a powerful shift that would make an OS even more powerful.
I guess I want to continue asking around to find out if people have ever led an Open Forum and then a follow-up OS. It would be too bad if this was just a nice idea in one of Arny's books...

Raffi