5 Simultaneous Open Spaces

Pannwitz, Michael M mmpanne at boscop.de
Thu Mar 25 23:54:00 PST 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:52:44 -0500, Larry Peterson wrote:

  Now that we have had the first follow-up meeting to that event, the
>capacity of mid and front line staff to deal with multiple tenant/staff
>initiatives is being explored.  It is also the ability to provide
>staffing without "controlling"  --  a hard learning for those who were
>trained in social work.

Dear Larry,
exciting stuff..."to provide staffing without controlling" (no matter
what ones training was)  is the absolute challenge and at the same
time probably the most productive way to be...those who manage to go
that direction could well be the precursors of the inspired
organization.
The people that actually work in the "staff" ( I imagine the once you
mention as "mid and front line staff") need space for themselves in
becoming accustomed to that process.
Perhaps a separate open space on the issues and opportunities around
that new kind of work they are facing?
hugs
mmp

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de
www.openspace-landschaft.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.