open space as most undervalued methodology

Chris Macrae Wcbn009 at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 03:46:39 PST 2004

Thought I might as well start a conversation on what methodologies are most undervalued by organisations today

am starting to role it out in various virtual communities, eg this one hosted by the European Union
http://www.knowledgeboard.com/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=123921&d=1&h=417&f=56&dateformat=%o%20%B%20%Y

come & join the thread if that's one of your ways to play
chris macrae

extract:
The last 5 years, I have interviewed the heads of about 50 professional associations or reports on policy areas including human capital, social capital, intellectual capital, networking futures, innovation, corporate responsibility and governance, the big 50 human divides of globalisation, disaster reports, collaboration and competition models of how strategy is practised. The focus of the interview has been what methods do your professionals feel are underused, and why.
There are a large number of methods out there that professionals feel are undervalued and many others they are told to use far more often than they tacitly feel is wise. The way business cases are budgeted in recent times has been hugely biased by metrics that separate humans from each other, and from the future of the organisation's greatest purpose.

here's why I believe that there is no sustainable community of practice and no transparent network of excellence without Open Space...