Unbearable lightness of open management

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Thu Jan 15 11:52:14 PST 2004

MessageChris,
Many of us have had great success by providing the prospective client with a
list of large group methodologies. An excellent resource in a nice table is
on Martin Leith's site www.martinleith.com . I use one of his handouts, I
quote from The Change Handbook by Peggy Holman and Tom Devane
(Berrett-Koehler, 1999) and I refer them to Large Group Interventions by
Billie Alban and Barbara Bunker (Jossey Bass, 1997). It all makes a great
business case. And then I let them know that my favorite method is OST
because my clients have had the greatest benefit from the most open of the
methods.

I also believe in "selling" benefits rather than methods.

Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,

Birgitt

Birgitt Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
www.dalarinternational.com

We provide inspirational and practical “how to” guidance for leaders who
want to achieve healthy and balanced organizations to produce exciting,
tangible results for the organization and for its people.

View the calendar for upcoming training in the Organizational Health and
Balance series of workshops featuring the Genuine ContactÔ program at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html

We invite you to join the Genuine Contact list serve at
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/genuinecontact

Contact information for Dalar International Consultancy: Po Box 19373,
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA 27619 Raleigh, North Carolina USA
Phone: 919-522-7750     Fax: 919-870-6599

Founders of the Wellness Revolution for Organizations

Founders of the International Alliance for Mentoring

Creators of the Organizational Health and Balance series of workshops
featuring the Genuine ContactÔ program