coping with drug use

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Sat Jan 3 10:26:01 PST 2004

Hi Avner:

I have done lots of work with Aboriginal youth in urban areas, many of
whom are struggling with drugs in their lives and community.  We use OST
as a way of bringing people together to discuss these issues and to get
the youth involved in the services that can be designed and delivered to
their community.  It has worked best when we have had youth, government
and other funders and agency representatives together in the OST.  That
way people can hear from each other about the realities of the drug
problem, the realities of funding and the realities of providing
services.  That kind of heavy reality check helps people to focus their
work on things that can be done rather than having detached
conversations about desired futures.

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN