Opening Space in Maine

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Fri Jan 30 14:17:37 PST 2004

OK Folks, I need some help. As you will see from the following note -
There is a need for somebody to help create an Open Space in the State
of Maine (USA) - and they should come from Maine and be under 30. I sort
of come from Maine, at least I spend all my summers there - but "under
30" was a long, long time ago. (I didn't mention anything about age
discrimination when I was talking to Dara Kidder, the lady in charge -
but I sure thought it!).

So if you know of somebody - or know of somebody who might know of
somebody, please let me know - or contact Dara directly. I don't think
there is a great deal of budget in this program, but it would be a great
opportunity to visit one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Thanks!

Harrison

Here's what Dara said:

I am emailing you on behalf on the Governor's Youth Summit Initiative
(an initiative that is working to combat Maine's out-migration of young
adults aged 20-34). I am working as an Americorps VISTA volunteer to
help plan and coordinate the Summit event which is scheduled for June
19th, 2004. A summary of the initiative can be viewed at
http://www.maine.gov/governor/baldacci/news/events/youthsummit/index.htm
.

We are still very much in the planning phase, but know for certain that
we will use Open Space technologies as the organizing theme.  I am
contacting you to ask if you could recommend two persons, within the age
cohort of our target project, 20 to 34, that know the workings of Open
Space extremely well, and who would be interested in working with this
initiative both in the planning phase, and for the day of the summit.

Please recommend a time that would be best for me to call you.

Thank you,

Dara Kidder
Americorps VISTA
c/o Maine Community College System
323 State Street
Augusta, ME 04330
Phone: 287-3117
dara.kidder at maine.gov

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, Maryland   20845
Phone 301-365-2093
<http://www.openspaceworld.com/>
To subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives Visit: