looking for stories of Open Space Organizations...

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 27 13:09:58 PST 2004

Zelle,
Since 1997, I've replicated with others the experience of being a Conscious
Open Space Organization that we first had at Wesley Urban Ministries
beginning in 1992 and lasting until 1995. I would be pleased to speak to
your client about our experience there, when I was the senior staff person.
Every COSO is different because of the organic nature of organizations. If
you wish to send me an e-mail off list, I am sure that I can get at least a
couple of my former clients to call your client. My former clients are not
willing to have all sorts of people calling them to find out what it  is
like to be a Conscious Open Space Organization. In some cases I've been
given the rights to write up their stories which hopefully I will have done
by the summer. Good news is that the couple of clients that I am more sure
would be willing to make such a call have been operating this way since 1997
and so they are great examples of long term Conscious Open Space
Organizations.

Information about Conscious Open Space Organizations is at
http://www.openspacetechnology.com/articles_2.html
More than simply repeated OST meetings are needed to sustain the
organization. Repeated OST meetings need to be supported with other and
congruent ways of meetings and of doing work. Training is certainly a key
ingredient not only in how to facilitate an OST meeting but also in how to
Work with OST for the maximum benefit of the ongoing organizational life.
Blessings to you and to all with whom you make Genuine Contact,

Birgitt

Birgitt Williams of Dalar International Consultancy
www.dalarinternational.com for information about our work, resources, and
how to contact us

Promoting the Wellness (R)Evolution for Organizations.

http://www.openspacetechnology.com/training.html for upcoming training in
the Organizational Health and Balance series of workshops featuring the
Genuine ContactÔ program

http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/genuinecontact to join the Genuine Contact
list serve including accessing resources on the GC list serve web page