strangers in a new land

Esther Ewing EwingChange at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 16:00:03 PST 2004

Joelle and Florian:
One of the things that I learned a while ago was a great technique  in terms
of getting things done. If you always aim at 90%, you can accomplish a  lot.
The first time get 90% done and then the second time, 90% of what is left  and
the third time... etc.

It's a useful way to think about things especially  when things seem
overwhelming.

Esther

Florian--

One of my teachers used to say that when  he asked an organization to look at
what they wanted in the future, 75-90% was  possible right now.

So, I think visioning is not really so much about  the future as it is a way
to call forth a new perspective on the  present.  Of course, your method of
asking them to be in the present does  the same thing, more directly.  Being in
the present is, for most of us,  a new perspective, because we spend very
little time in the real present on an  everyday basis.  Strange!

Joelle

* *  ==========================================================
change your options, view the archives of  oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs:  http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Esther Ewing
The Change Alliance
330 East 38th St., Suite  53K
New York, NY 10016, USA
Telephone: 212-661-6024, Fax:  866-296-6712

Assisting organizations to build capability
_www.changealliance.com_ (http://www.changealliance.com/)
Certified Panoramic Feedback Distributor (360  instrument)
_www.panoramicfeedback.com_ (http://www.panoramicfeedback.com/)
Certified Kolbe Distributor: _www.kolbe.com_ (http://www.kolbe.com/)