Unintend Consequences, Collateral Damage and Truth Telling

Harrison Owen hhowen at comcast.net
Sun Aug 22 15:37:37 PDT 2004

Lisa -- On the subject of leaving the circle (in Rome we were not in a room) . . . Please note that I said I was leaving AND that I was coming back in an hour. Further - that anybody who cared to continue might join me, and those who felt otherwise should make their own plans. Obviously I didn't say it as bluntly as that, but that was the meaning, which i think they got. I am also very clear that doing what I did is not something to be done  either lightly or routinely. But when the space closes down I felt that I should take extraordinary measures to open it up. This is absolutely the opposite of disengagement. At least I think so, and that is the way it felt. I was totally engaged, though obviously absent. I guess this might be the extreme example of being "totally present and absolutely invisable" (quote me) -- which for me is the epitome of great facilitation. In Open Space or elsewhere.