The Dynamics of Emergence

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Aug 10 19:34:15 PDT 2004

Peggy--

I love it!

The same question, how to say what "The Work" is, has been on my heart a
lot (and not just lately!).

Your changing the focus of Wilber's hemispheres from inner and outer to
reflection and action seem meaningful to me--and they seem to extend the
conversation.

In your last diagram, it looks to me as if you have swapped the UL and LL
quadrants, so that here the upper seems to refer to the individual. At
least "Let go of the need for immediate answers" seems to me more an
individual item of reflection, while "welcome silence in the collective"
actually is explicitly about the collective.

And "naming the patterns" seems to me less open than it could be. Perhaps
something in the direction of Gurdjieff--"Notice the patterns and ask,
'What's this?'"

Could you say more about how you see widening the gap between reflection
and action leading to more emergence? This seems key to me....

                              :-Doug.
                              Seeking people making change.