The Dynamics of Emergence

Koos de Heer koos at auryn.nl
Wed Aug 4 11:52:04 PDT 2004

Dear Peggy,

Good to hear from you again. I love your model, it puts things in a very
clear perspective. I recognize the things you describe, thanks for putting
it into words!

In a little corner of the last picture, I noticed the words "assume
abundance". I think that is great. In the principles and law of Open Space,
this is not very explicit. But for me, a mindset of abundance is an
important aspect of holding space.

Koos

At 18:03 4-8-2004, Peggy S. Holman wrote:
>In a way this is my contribution to the earlier conversation on OS as a
>half-way technology.  I wanted to send this at that time but it wasn't
>quite ready.
>
>As I was beginning to transition from my mother's passing to preparing for
>the series of workshops abroad, a way of describing the pattern of what I
>see happening in OS (and any form of whole system process) finally came to
>me.  I consider it a gift from my mom, a vote of confidence from the
>"other side" or some such.
>
>Anyway, my take on emergence is at:
>
><http://www.opencirclecompany.com/DynamicsOfEmergence.htm>www.opencirclecompany.com/DynamicsOfEmergence.htm
>

>Peggy
>
>___________________________________
>Peggy Holman
>The Open Circle Company
>15347 SE 49th Place
>Bellevue, WA  98006
>425-746-6274
><http://www.opencirclecompany.com>www.opencirclecompany.com
><mailto:peggy at opencirclecompany.com>peggy at opencirclecompany.com
>OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU ------------------------------ To
>subscribe, unsubscribe, change your options, view the archives of
>oslist at listserv.boisestate.edu:
>http://listserv.boisestate.edu/archives/oslist.html To learn about
>OpenSpaceEmailLists and OSLIST FAQs: http://www.openspaceworld.org/oslist

Koos de Heer