Jake Jacobs & his co-authors request your help!

Martin Leith martin at martinleith.com
Wed Aug 25 01:42:00 PDT 2004

News and a request ...Greetings from Bristol, in the west of England.

Jake Jacobs, author of the book Real Time Strategic Change, and Julie
Beedon, an RSTC and Open Space colleague here in the UK, have asked me to
spread the word about the new book they've written with Dick and Emily
Axelrod (developers of The Conference Model). It's called "You Don't Have To
Do It Alone  - How to Involve Others to Get Things Done" and from what Julie
has told me it sounds like a wonderful contribution to the literature on
collaboration and participation.

Are you ready a bit of participation yourself? I do hope so, because if
enough of us go to www.FastCompany.com/bookclub and register our vote, the
book will be declared Fast Company magazine's Book of the Month. This will
be very gratifying for Jake, Julie, Emiliy and Dick, who have worked very
hard to bring the book into being.

Voting closes on August 31 (that's Tuesday of next week), so it would be
great if you'd take a moment now to place your vote at
www.FastCompany.com/bookclub. If you need more information, Jake's original
request is copied below.

The book is published by Berrett-Koehler, the same company that publishes
Harrison Owen's books.

I do hope you can spare a minute to help Jake, Julie, Emiliy and Dick.

With warm thanks and good wishes,
Martin

Martin Leith
www.collaborationcentre.com
www.martinleith.com

Hi Colleagues & Friends,

I have a favor to ask of you. It will take 30 seconds of your time (I
promise).

After many years, and a lot of trials and tribulations, we (Dick and Emily
Axelrod, Julie Beedon and Jake Jacobs) have finished our book,  "You Don't
Have To Do It Alone" .

Now we need your help to launch it with a bang!

It is one of five nominees for the book of the month club in Fast Company
Magazine.  In order to win, we need your vote.  So please go to
www.FastCompany.com/bookclub  and simply click on the VOTE button next to
our book. We know you haven't had chance to read it yet and we hope the
summary provided on that site might be enough to encourage you to cast a
vote for it.

The voting starts on August 15th and lasts until the end of the month. To
make sure your vote counts, please use your home email account (only one
vote is allowed per company URL).

If you are really game for involvement in our efforts to spread the word
please pass this email on and ask a friend or two to do the same, thereby
extending our "sneeze" campaign.

Thank you again for helping us with this book launch.  Let us know what we
can do for you in return.  Really!

On behalf of the writing team,

Robert "Jake" Jacobs

P.S. We'll let you know soon if it wins book of the month.

ARE YOU M.A.D.?!  Berrett-Koehler Publishers is sponsoring an exciting,
one-day conference, "POSITIVELY M.A.D." (Making A Difference) on Saturday,
November 6, 2004, in San Francisco.  In addition to presentations by more
than 40 of Berrett-Koehler's top authors, the conference is designed to give
maximum opportunity for participants to connect with each other and the
speakers.  We'll also be presenting the inaugural  "POSITIVELY M.A.D."
Achievement Awards. To learn more about nominating someone for the
awards--and to register for the conference--please visit
<http://www.bkconnection.com>.