oslist core purpose & the exchange of "ideas"

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Apr 1 06:44:11 PST 2004

sorry to miss answering this.  as i said from the start, i can't turn
anything on and off.  i have to ask somebody else to do that and i don't
want to bother the boise state folks going back and forth with things.
also, i have built a few pages and links around the change.  so, no, i
don't want to go back and undo only to perhaps redo later.  if it is
ultimately decided to close the archive, then i will undo... but i don't
want to go back and forth and drag our hosts with me.  sorry.   i do
like this option of somebody being able to delete things for the group.
let's see what boise state folks say.  keep moving then, working toward
the middle.

Marei Kiele wrote:

>"chris weaver" <chris at springbranch.net> schrieb:
>

>>oslist could have other core purposes.  perhaps oslist has had other core
>>purposes.  perhaps it does.  it is clear to me that birgitt's posting is not
>>about fear of the free exchange of ideas, nor is it about emotional hurt,
>>except in the way that vulnerability shared is always a finger pointing to
>>something important.  i suggest we look deeply.
>>
>>with love,
>>chris
>>

>Birgitt, Lisa, Michael H, Therese, Chris,
>
>I am a little shy this time to enter the exchange because this subject seems so delicate and important - and you have chosen your words very thoughtfully. I hope I can express myself the way I want to in this foreign language.
>
>I see thruth and passion and responsibility in the postings of all of you. And my point of view has changed and developed during these days. And on a long walk I took this evening I wondered if should take part.
>
>And then Chris, with your posting quoted above, you made me ask myself: "Where is this finger pointing?" For me the finger is pointing to
>
>   * the way we interact with eachother *
>
>more than to the subjects or the ideas or the free exchange.
>
>At first I didn't mind having the archieves open. One of the things I love on this list is the free sharing of thoughts an ideas. And I am totally convinced that this opening was done with best purpose by you, Michael (H), and I am grateful for the work you are doing to make this list possible.
>
>On the other hand I know from my own experience that if I put a lot of work in a project I sometimes tend to try leading the project into the direction I am wishing to go and leave others behind who are not as involved in the every-day-business. If this happens, some of them complain others just draw back. And in the end the energy for the whole thing is going down.
>
>Coming back to the list: Birgitt wrote in her last posting she misses a decision-making-process. And I do as well. And I miss the question to the list if we agree or disagree to include whatever is new to the FAQ's.
>
>Things went to fast and I feel put to accomplished facts. Even if I know those of you who acted did this with as much love and compassion for open space as I could ever wish for.
>
>Here my suggestions:
>Michael, could you close the archieves at the moment and let us start anew?
>Chris, could you send the FAQ's as a proposition and ask the rest of us if we agree?
>
>With love,
>Marei
>
>*
>*