Conversing about..."the right conditions"

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Mon Sep 8 08:51:50 PDT 2003

Whatever conditions are present are the right conditions for whatever
happens is the only thing that could have happened.

Seriously.

I think the second principle refers to the fact that no matter what
initial conditions are present, whatever happens is the only thing that
could have.  It sounds like a tautology, but I think of it more as a Zen
koan.  It is supposed to bring your consciousness to a place that
accepts the fact that "should" is an extremely useless word when we are
dealing with an expanded now.

As for the conditions that make Open Space really hum, I go back to
Harrison's elegantly stated four: passion, diversity, complexity and
urgency.  The more of each, the better the process works.

And that, for many facilitators and managers, is another paradox.

Chris

---
CHRIS CORRIGAN
Bowen Island, BC, Canada
http://www.chriscorrigan.com
chris at chriscorrigan.com

(604) 947-9236

Artur
> Ferreira da Silva
> Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 11:18 AM
> To: OSLIST at LISTSERV.BOISESTATE.EDU
> Subject: Conversing about..."the right conditions"
>
> Hello again:
>
> For someone like myself that has problems with the capitalized word
Spirit