Conversing about..."the right conditions"

Marei Kiele MareiKiele at web.de
Tue Sep 9 18:32:00 PDT 2003

Dear Chris, dear Arthur,

it has been very interesting for me to think about the question and the answer given. During the last days I tried to clarify for myself the difference between accepting and not-doing-anything-anymore. For me it has to do with the time I am referring to.

I agree that whatever happens under the present conditions is whatever could have and that there is no use in thinking about "ifs" and "shoulds". And maybe the conditions are not only right but neither right nor wrong - they just are. This is true esp. when thinking about the now or the past.

But thinking about the future I can ask which conditions are supportive and which are not: which make change, development, transformation more possible than others?
If one of the things necessary for differenciation (as I agree with) is a nutritious environment - than we can influence the possibilities for transformation by sharing nutrition (physically or in other dimensions).

And referring to "wrong" conditions in organisations, the world, our heads: Maybe they seem not to be helpful or not fitting anymore or born out of anxiousness. But at least they were the "right" conditions at another time or place. And in the moment being they are still "right" for the organisation or the person and we - judging them - just don't have all the insights...

What I decided to try doing is both: totally accept the past and the now - but do my share to influence the future (and accept whatever is coming). Does that make sense to you?

Marei